FIRST CARE PROVIDER (FCP) PROGRAM
The First CARE Provider is proud to be a DHS endorsed Stop the Bleed program. They are a disabled veteran founded and operated 501c3 non-profit organization who are dedicated to educating the public in basic hemorrhage control techniques to eliminate preventable deaths.
ABOUT THE FIRST CARE PROVIDER PROGRAM
The First Care Provider model empowers community members to take life-saving actions. Data from across the globe demonstrates that training individuals empowers action and improves survival from medical and traumatic emergencies. Trained First Care Providers demonstrate a willingness to operate independently, are able to recognize critical injuries and can properly allocate resources for the maximal benefit of those involved.
First Care Provider training provides a targeted, yet comprehensive approach to address the major causes of potentially preventable death as detailed in the Committee for Tactical Emergency Casualty Care First Care Providers guidelines. External hemorrhage control is a critical skill for many traumatic type injuries, however, it is not a panacea. Recent events reveal that access to the wounded, recognition of significant injury, and rapid evacuation to medical care are at least equally as important as immediate hemorrhage control.
BENEFITS OF THE FIRST CARE PROVIDER PROGRAM
The FCP program provides all points of education found in our Advanced Bleeding Control course, and add the following topics that are of great value to schools, organizations, and businesses:
- Basic airway management, casualty movement, and psychological comfort care of the wounded
- Improved communication between the bystander/first care provider and the 911 emergency dispatch system
- Strategies to mitigate physical and psychological risks
- Techniques to barricade and limit the perpetrators' access to victims
- Basic methods to interact and integrate with first responder agencies,
- including how to signal for help and direct responders to casualties
WHAT SETS FIRST CARE PROVIDER (FCP) APART
- Graduates of the official First Care Provider Instructor Development Academy
- Certified or recognized instructor by every major Bleeding Control course body
- Physician-led program taught by Subject Matter Experts
- Evidence-based, up-to-date curriculum
Contact us for info on classes in the Southern California area, or to see how we can bring this lifesaving training to your organization today!